Motorcycle Forum banner

Yamaha Roadliner

35K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  dagotom 
#1 ·
#29 · (Edited)
#30 ·
2007 Roadliner S

I bought my Roadliner in Sept of 08, a holdover bike new 2007 for 10,000. Best bike I have ever owned. Had a Roadstar since 2001 and decided to move up. I have been riding for 45 years and I'm thinking the Roadliner will be the last bike I buy. I couldn't be happier with it. Performance and handling put the Roadstar to shame (I loved the Roadstar until now). Kept the Roadstar for awhile just to be sure I wasn't imagining the amazing performance and handling difference. Finally sold the Roadstar and have no regrets. I love this Bike. Just put on a set of Road Burner Street Pros and my Power Commander III USB will arrive Tuesday. Can't wait to dial it in and test ride.

#31 ·
I have over 32,000 miles on my 06 Roadliner. I was riding on the E way with the old lady in July in north Florida the air temp was 107 degrees. The only thing roasting was my arms. The bike never hesitated once. I don't think I would ever have anything else. I just added a M/shades faring. Love it. The tank under the seat is a oil reserve. The fuel tank holds about 4 1/2 gallons of fuel. The only fault with the bike is the stock seats. They suck. You need to invest in new seats if your going ride any miles. I added Barron pullback risers and the bars feel much better.

Willie

#35 · (Edited)
Gentalman and ladies
i am the proud owner of a roadlier S '06 , let me tell you its an awesome ride, when i bought it at dealer in Michigan ( 12/2006) it was snowing lol, trailered it to my home in florida and got on it for the first time and let me tell you, i went right to dealer and had windshield but on so my helmet wouldnt blow off, out standing power for that size of bike , my first road trip was from florida to ohio and it was an adventure , with average speed at 90 it did not fail me there or back, i am a firm believer in the bike,and i was surprised when it came with a book on the history of the design and manufacture of the bike, designed in california by custome builders and built in japan the original motor for bike was 2200 cc but toned down to a 1875 due to weight and speed ,not to go on and on or be a salesman for the bike but excelent power at low rpm's, in 5th gear at 45mph crank throttle (with out down shifting like on most big cruisers) and she will jump out from under you , i always made sure my rides and power to get away from any issue on roads, when you want it its there on this bike, although for smaller riders it is quite heavy around 850 lbs dry, i added corbin beattle bags to it corbin seats and replaced rear pegs with boards( to keep my spouce from melting her shoe on exaust pipe ) it would be nice if it was liquid cooled because it is quite hot in stop and go traffic, my only issue is with tires , they are limited and OEM only lasts about 6000 miles bridgestones ,have not tried dunlopes yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.