Motorcycle Forum banner

Fuel Mileage For Stratoliner

81K views 100 replies 59 participants last post by  SamsonW 
#1 ·
Yamaha claims that the roadliner & stratoliner can get up to 200 miles on a tank of gas. That would equal about 48 mpg. I'm getting about 130 miles per tank which is about 32 1/2 mpg. What are other roadliner or stratoliner riders getting?:confused:

#80 ·
A new rider joined our Star group. He rides a 09 Roadliner Midnight, stock. He claims 50 miles per gallon. Maybe. We road 250 miles Saturday and I had to fill up long before him. Maybe the new bikes get better millage. I still get 42 MPG and don't complain. You just have to love the Liners. Once you own one.
WILLIE

#81 ·
Mpg

Well,I've had the Strato 3 years and 64,000 miles now and the mileage is about the same.
I'm back to a 215/55,stock size circle.
If I cruise at 60 - 70 mph I get 38-40 mpg (optimistic speedo/odo reading),which is actually around 36 mpg.

JJ

#82 ·
Accurate Mileage

Sorry to say but I am getting 50 miles per gallon and sometimes over 200 miles per tank. Other times I get 35 mpg. All depends on the right hand and how fast I want to take off from stop signs. I am very serious about the mileage. I ride with a Star group and they are very impressed.

#83 ·
Slow

Well I can get 50 mpg on my Strat if I NEVER accelerate and don't go over 50 mph ................but that's not what I call fun. ;)
Even if you could do that (I don't have that much restraint) the reading is false because the speedo/odo is way off.
It's a great bike.

JJ

#84 ·
Stratoliner Gas Mileage

I too have a 2008 Stratoliner and was not too happy with the MPG.Besides that it's a blast.Got over 4,500 miles and counting. My best mileage was 47,cruising on the coast highway. On average I'm really getting 34-37 MPG. It's hard to ride wimpy when all that power is there on a twist of the wrist. City driving really kills it,29-32 MPG. When riding solo it does better just by removing the passenger sissy bar, less wind resistance. But riding solo or with my wife doesn't seem to make a difference in MPG....My question to Roadliner and Stratoliner owners is,have you had any unexpected breakdowns?...So far I've had the battery replaced and the fuel gauge & sending unit.Under warranty of course. Wait to hear from you.

#87 ·
High Voltage better mpg

Since the battery was changed by the dealer,my Strato runs a lot smoother and been averaging 39-42 mpg.Service Manager claims the Roadlinrer & Stratoliner need fully charged bat.They need minimum 12.60 volts running compared to the average 12.28.volts.Also runs great at 1,800-2,000 rpm range,before could not run below 2,100 rpm would bog and buck like a bronco.

#89 ·
Out here in Oregon, my Strat is broken in and all is stock, but mpg is only about 25-27. This is nothing to brag about and makes me miss the excellent gas mileage of my Honda Shadow 750 (smaller tank but so much more efficient). Should I really be trading that many miles for all the power my Strat. offers? What can I do to increase my mileage on my bike? I switch up for gas between super and reg unleaded with no difference noted in mileage or performance. Have yet to take it on a long ride, but so far its discouraging. Any suggestions???

#90 ·
How much ethanol is in your gas? That will definitely make your mileage plummet. Also how twisty is that right hand of yours.?? :) I know when I'm liberal with the throttle I average in the low to mid 30's. It's a big motor and it's gonna sip gas. It definitely does much better when out on the open road cruising. Also, how many miles on it?? You say it's an '06, it may be time for a tune up and fresh air filters. Just my .02. Enjoy your Strat!

#97 ·
I have 2008 Stratoliner and just had 16k tune up which included valve adjustment and throttle body synchronization. The service tech install the factory oxgen sensor from stock pipes on Hard Krome 3" Big Straights. I also have Power command V, K&N air filter, rifle screen, buck lowers, crach bar chaps. I now have seen 45MPG, 43MPG and 42MPG (all on back two lane roads). Before this the best I ever got was 39MPG. The 39MPG and 45MPG were riding two up and loaded on back two lane roads. And on the same day is the 45MPG, I got 34 MPG and 33PMG riding two up loaded down the interstate @ 80+MPH passing many semis.

#98 · (Edited)
2009 Stratoliner

My 2009 Stratoliner just made 250 miles on the odometer today. I am at 38 MPG, I am thinking should hit 40 easy, after break-in with the way I am riding. 90 miles a day to work (40 of it HOV, 40 freeway 15 town. Both days come home and putt around the house, riding family around on it. I LOVE this bike!

#99 ·
I took the Liner out yesterday and ran a out and back route in 10 to 15 mph winds. I rode 60 to 65 mph. It went on reserve at 165 miles. That is 44 mpg. When you think about how far the .8 gallon reserve would get me it works out to 35 miles. 165 and 35 adds up to 200 before you are walking. They key is knowing what mileage you are getting when it hits reserve. That's how you know when to expect to start pushing that 750 lb motorcycle to a gas pump.

#100 ·
Got my new Strat Deluxe a couple of months ago. Great summer in Mich for riding. got almost 5000 mi on it and what I'm finding with my bike is around town with stop and go , and lots of frapping on the throttle I only get around 37 mpg. on the road at 60-75 mph I get right at 50mpg ( a couple of times 52), but if I get impatient on the road and start running up around 90 it drops down to mid 40's.
I myself am very happy with this kind of mileage. This bike is so much more bike than any thing else out there in its class. My last 8 years were spent on a suzuki C90T boulevard which was OK but this bike is amazing . Stock pipes sound very good. Handling in twisties is like sitting in a Lazyboy. Not to mention they have the best LOOKING motor on the planet.

#101 ·
I have a 2007 Stratoliner and I'm averaging over 50mpg. This is probably because I live in a rural area and normally cruise around at 45-60mph without a lot of stopping and going. However when I go on the interstate or do alot of city riding my fuel economy plummets down to the mid 30's which I'm still happy with, I can assume we didn't get these 1900cc monsters to save on fuel ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.