Motorcycle Forum banner

Adjusting Heel Toe Shifter

28K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  AloRaptor 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Hope you all love your bike as much as me. Just got a Stratoliner midnight and was wondering if anyone knew a site I could go to and see how to adjust the heel portion of the shifter down a little. Also, does anyone know if they make risers for the midnight yet? I rolled the bars down a bit and it helps but a pair of risers would definately put me where I want to be. Ride safe!

#30 ·
Thanks

Thanks for your concern. :)
I'm no spring chicken myself.
I've been in many accidents. :shock: I've had bad times.
If I could get 30,000 miles out of a $150 bike tire I'd have one on her.
It's even more than the money though.
In a given season I would need 5 rear tires. :-(
Not only is that WAY to much money for me to come up with but having to change maybe 3 or 4 tires during the busy season is just too much BS.
It's a PITA to try & get service when the shops are real busy.
I absolutely love to ride,been doin' it all my life and honestly,I have no problem with the car tire.
To each his own.
Ride safe and often.

JJ

#34 · (Edited)
The car tire looks pretty cool. Something to consider anyway.

I'll probably stick with the oe tires.

I found the front for $110, but the cheapest I can find the rear for is about $330.

It seems the 190/60 R17 is made specifically for the Liner.

I probably wont need a new rear for a couple months anyway so I'll keep looking.

I read "The Dark Side", and I'm now seriously considering a car tire for the rear of my Liner.
What size & brand have you been running, Jammin?

#35 ·
Elite III

The Dunlop Elite III for 1800 Gold Wing is THE BEST front tire for the liner ! :bluethum:

$330 for a rear tire,what are you thinkin' ?

Some folks use the one for a newer harley,a lot cheaper than $330.

My car tire was $137 delivered,80,000 mile tire. :roll:

Buy what makes you happy !

JJ

#41 ·
Tires for Stratoliner

I have the same issue with Rear tires on the Stratoliner. This is my first Yamaha (previous Honda and Kawasaki's) and I'm eating through rear tires as well every 3-6K miles. It all depends on braking and gunning it. I'm not a crazy driver but do love the torque and power of the Yamaha.

I went to Metzlers after the first set of stocks and got 6K off the first set (babied it) and 3K of the second set (drove normal). My mechanic said to put a car tire on it as well because the size is not a common size and the tires are made too soft. He also said, air pressure, air pressure, air pressure. I check it religiously now and i'm at 3K miles with slight wear. I believe I'll hit 6K.

Had a near miss accident were I had to lock it up due to idiot teenager and had to replace the tire 2 weeks later (only had 1500 miles on her). Only "real" complaint I have on the bike. Over 26K miles and runs great, awesome power and rides great for a cruiser.

Been on 3 trips with my Harley buddies and every one a Harley broke down! Not BS'ing, true story. Buddies brand new 2010 Electric Glide broke down in Sturgis last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.