Motorcycle Forum banner

Patrick Racing Big Air Kit

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Jammin'John 
#1 ·
It's going on today, i am very curious as to how it will run with it in. Also on what the stock filter will look like after a few years of riding, being an oiled paper filter in all. On my old bike it took a fairly long time for my K&N to get dirty, even after the stage III Ram Air mod, which is good cause taking the gas tank off to get to it was not particularly fun. Then I suppose I will mess around with a few different maps of course. What maps are you guys running with my particular set-up?

#2 ·
Well, I checked out the old filter and the top of the pleats were pretty black, not so much on the inside. When I drove it home from the stealership, wow what a difference in sound. You can hear those hungry cylinders begging for more fuel. I hooked up the lap top and checked out the map that was downloaded and it was the cobra longs, O2 sensor unplugged and stock or aftermarket air filter. Which was perfect for what was. But now times have changed haven't they? So i then changed it to cobra longs, O2 sensor unplugged and Baron's big air kit. Started right up and I then took it for a spin and not sure what to expect...holy crap what a difference...this dang thing pulls like a wild mustang on roids!

#5 · (Edited)
Yes it does, was driving over to my place and my brother was waiting for me so I thought I would get on the gas a little in first gear, I was probably going 18 or so mph, hit the gas and the rear end swung out on me. A scooter it ain't that's for sure:)

#7 ·
My pipes pretty much drown it out now. That woosh noise has quieted down some.

#14 ·
Read

Maybe you didn't read my post:
Loud
Yea,the BAK is pretty loud.
Sometimes I get tired of it if I'm touring.
Oh well.
It is a rush when you're crankin' !

That's the down side. It's louder than a slipon.
If you don't tour much ? aok

This is an OLD thread man.

JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.