Motorcycle Forum banner

throttle limiter?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  IBTJn 
#1 ·
I've really enjoy riding my 2007 Yamaha Road Liner, but since I couldn't get enough on a trade in for a Raider, I put $2,000 worth of performance parts. Dynaflo V, Cobra pipes, KG air filter and a Dunlop 55 series rear tire rather than the 60 series. It had great performance before, but I just wanted to see what I could do with a small investment. Now it has fantastic acceleration and a very noticeable G-force against the seat, not to mention the ease of rear tire spin from a stop. Here is my question, at 117MPH and 5400RPM the engine begins to flutter like floating valves; I'm wondering if there is a throttle limiter? It speeds up quicker to the red line now, so I never noticed it before because I was accustom to listening to the engines harmonics and shifting accordingly.

#3 ·
Congrats' on the upgrades...it's very cool bringing a stock motor alive a bit more. As mentioned, most of the motors have rev limiters to protect the motor. The rev limiter is not something you really want to mess with though. I can't remember if your bike has mechanical or hydraulic lifters either...but it's possible they were floating some I suppose.

The big V-twin cruiser lines (most all of them) typically make their best power on lower - mid RPM's. So I'm not surprised to hear yours topped out around there. I've heard my VL1500 tops out about the same as well but honestly I've never cared to find out. I love low end torque myself and getting to normal speeds quickly. I enjoy smelling the flowers. LOL

BTW, congrats' to Easy Rider on the moderator position. :bluethum:

Ride safe

Larry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.