Motorcycle Forum banner

Throttle Adjustment

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dantheman 
#1 ·
G'day,

one of the thing that has bothered me from day one is that is has no cruise control. So I did the next best thing and bought a throttle lock (Breakaway) but find that it only works sometime and generally doesn't hold the speed very well. I feel that the spring load is too strong and with the vibration and road bumbs etc it slowly moves back into the closed position. And yes I have cleaned it and adjusted the throttle lock etc to as high as it can go...still slips.

So here is the question. Does anybody know how to adjust the load on the throttle cable or even replace the spring to make it a lower pulling force (softer). This might also be easier on the hand even when not using the throttle lock. My hand goes numb after 30-50Km every time and this might help.

If you have any info or links to youtube etc etc, much appreciated.

Cheers
Joe
Ride Save....Roadliner Rules:bluethum:

#2 ·
Line the inside of the throttle lock with some foam, that might be all it needs.

I'm guessing you have a universal throttle lock like I have. Take it off and superglue a small strip of foam to the inside of the clamp. It'll make the grip a bit tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.