Motorcycle Forum banner

question on windshield/fairing

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  anrfknm 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm 6'3" tall and the windshield seems a little short. I keep getting blasted in the face. I have a Memphis shades on it, I want to go to a batwing style but it seems Memphis shades is the only one who makes it for our bikes. Is there another company that makes them? I can't seem to find any. Also, my current shield is connected by 3 bolts on the supports, if I raise it one bolt and only have it connected by 2 on each side with I lose structural integrity of the windshield? Only until I save up the funds for a higher shield. Oh yeah. Its a 2006 Roadliner Midnight.

#2 ·
There is a multitude of different styles of Memphis Shades windshields available.

I like their batwing fairing with the tallest shield option but I'm a bit short at 5'5".
Even that might not suit you good.'

Have you checked with a dealer for OEM options ?

#3 ·
I've got a similar problem with my bike - the windscreen directs the wind into my upper body or face (depending on how fast I'm moving). Normally not a problem, but a highway speeds (remember, I live in Germany, so Autobahn speed), I have had problems in the past with serious rattling of my helmet.

My newest lid is rock solid - I had the bike up at over 145 kmh (about 90 mph) and my new helmet (Shoei Neotec) was perfectly stable.

Maybe it's not the windscreen that needs replacing ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.