Motorcycle Forum banner

I'm after some stock/oem Roadliner handlebars (in Australia preferably)

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Stryder1956 
#1 ·
Hi,

I bought a 2008 Roadliner from a bloke in Brisbane. I'm in Melbourne.

The bike doesn't have stock bars. Peter Stevens wants $739aud for them.
The bars it's got only have 11 inch pullback. The stock bars have 14inch. I feel hunched over.

I gather there's a number of you who change from the stock bars to Apes or similar. And hopefully you've still got the stock bars around.

I'm on a budget so most of the new bars from the US would cost me me around $350aud including shipment.
A lot of websites have bugger all dimensions or photos. And I can't really find bars with the same dimensions as the stock bars.

I'm happy to spend money on shipping from the US if the total price isn't too steep.

SteveOz1900

#4 ·
Yeah - I saw the stock handlebar sizing at side road cycles.

Flanders has a Touring Bar (1 1/4) with 17 1/2 PullBack. Pacific Coast Star used to have it. Its used to be on Amazon as well. But they list it as out of stock now. And it was going to cost me over $500aud to get it home - $90usd/100aud shipping.

I've tried bike wreckers in Australia and one in Tennessee - no luck. It's very hard to get 8" rise, 14inch pullback and 36 inch width with hole at front to suit stock riser. Pacific Coast Star has one close but 5inch rise.
Stratoliner pullback risers are $265aud.

The bars on my bike have an 11 inch PullBack. I cold bent them to a small degree while on the bike and got this to 12 inch. But I still feel hunched over on the bike. When I was a kid I fell out of a treehouse and landed sitting upright. I get back problems now and then that lay me up for a few days - which I'm trying to avoid.

I don't know how many other Roadliner owners have kept the stock bars. I'm thinking of maybe trying 12 inch Apes and leaning them back to get enough pullback. I'm not sure if cables and hoses will take this though.

I appreciate all and every response.

#6 · (Edited)
Waiting to hear back from a bloke on the delphi roadliner forum. Otherwise apparently in August the 2012-> 'Touring' bars will be available. Peter Stevens doesn't even recognise the part number. So I'm trying to see if I can get them through a US Yamaha Dealer. No response yet.

Edit - now ordered Touring Bar (2012+) from Partshark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.