Bandit 1250ABS vs V-Strom 1000 ? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Ninja 500 was my first motorcycle. I liked it, and even rode it from St. Louis to Los Angeles one time. But the vibration in the handlebars really did a job on my hands, and the cross-wind effect in the high desert was the scariest thing I've ever experienced.

Congrats on the purchase. Not that it matters now, but did you consider the Kawasaki Versys? From what I've read about it, it's a comfortable and nice-handling all-rounder. It's based on the Ninja 650, but is better sorted out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

That is the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanadarko View Post
    None of the dealers around here permit test rides on new bikes. I cant believe that but thats the way it is.

I can sit on them but not leave the showroom...so I am left with asking people around my size which bike they liked and why....
    Well, because of that situation I have made two wrong purchases and might be in my way to a 3rd purchase in the look for the perffect bike, and guess what there is no perffect bike, it is all a matter of getting used to what you have.

In your case, I will look at these bikes:

From my first impressions the Kw Versys seems to be more comfy then the Vstorm, so I consider a versys since you already own a Kaw.

If switching to the suzuki, take a quick look at a brand new bike that just came out, the GSX650. It is the replacement of the Katana, a new face lift, new engine design and from my first impressions, a very comfy ride with good ergonomics but not at the sacrifice of looks, this is a nice looking bike that seems to be the perffect commuter. Liquid cool, I4 and FI just like you want it.

You can always go for the Street fighter SV650 but I can tell you that those offer a unique different feel, but they are not the most comfy and you could regret it.

I actually sat on a Bandit and did not find it very comfy, there was something about it that just didn't click. On the other hand the GSX650 did click ride away...

But I agree, it is getting difficult, too many choices and but the only way to know for sure is to ride a bike for at least 20 miles...

I went to a Buell Open house and rode everysingle bike model they had on the event for about a 20min ride on each bike. I was amazed at how liked the look of the bike and how it felt stand still, but after being on the bike for 20mi, I was amazed how much I hated.... To my surprise I ended up enjoying the most, the one I liked the least, the Buell Ulysses.

I am starting to gravitate towards dual sports or at least the kind of bikes like the Vstorm, Versys, Ulysses, etc.... Some how the level of comfort on those bikes are far superior. The only issue for me with those bikes is that they tend to be really tall horses and I am only 5'7 so that is a concern...

One thing for sure, I will never again choose LOOKS over comfort... Never again...

Leaned over, knee down
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTEAL View Post
    Well, because of that situation I have made two wrong purchases and might be in my way to a 3rd purchase in the look for the perffect bike, and guess what there is no perffect bike, it is all a matter of getting used to what you have.

In your case, I will look at these bikes:

From my first impressions the Kw Versys seems to be more comfy then the Vstorm, so I consider a versys since you already own a Kaw.

If switching to the suzuki, take a quick look at a brand new bike that just came out, the GSX650. It is the replacement of the Katana, a new face lift, new engine design and from my first impressions, a very comfy ride with good ergonomics but not at the sacrifice of looks, this is a nice looking bike that seems to be the perffect commuter. Liquid cool, I4 and FI just like you want it.

You can always go for the Street fighter SV650 but I can tell you that those offer a unique different feel, but they are not the most comfy and you could regret it.

I actually sat on a Bandit and did not find it very comfy, there was something about it that just didn't click. On the other hand the GSX650 did click ride away...

But I agree, it is getting difficult, too many choices and but the only way to know for sure is to ride a bike for at least 20 miles...

I went to a Buell Open house and rode everysingle bike model they had on the event for about a 20min ride on each bike. I was amazed at how liked the look of the bike and how it felt stand still, but after being on the bike for 20mi, I was amazed how much I hated.... To my surprise I ended up enjoying the most, the one I liked the least, the Buell Ulysses.

I am starting to gravitate towards dual sports or at least the kind of bikes like the Vstorm, Versys, Ulysses, etc.... Some how the level of comfort on those bikes are far superior. The only issue for me with those bikes is that they tend to be really tall horses and I am only 5'7 so that is a concern...

One thing for sure, I will never again choose LOOKS over comfort... Never again...
    Old thread,,,,,,,,,,, if you look back to post 29, you will see that he already bought a V Strom about 6 months ago. For future reference, it helps if read through all the posts before you waist your time answering.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links