Gsx650F - Page 2
  • Login:

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gsx650F

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK

Update Bikes, Blues and BBQ ralley

According to news reports there were over 350,000 people there and over 200,000 bikes. Very crowded!

Old Codger
    Last edited by old codger; 01-03-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby322 View Post
    I really hope you plan on paying more than $50/month, otherwise you are probably only paying interest on the loan, thus getting nowhere on the amount owed. Also beware usually the interest rate goes up by A LOT after a year or 2 with the factory financing
    Those low payments are usually a bad idea. The interest rate will go very high once your payments go to the normal payments. So, like Shelby said, you need to pay as much as possible during that period of the lower payment. Read the fine print in the bottom of the add.

My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Quote Originally Posted by old codger View Post
    According to news reports there were over 350,000 people there and over 200,000 bikes. Very crowded!

Old Codger
    Were there any sport bikes there? I have noticed lately that rallies that were traditionally cruisers in the past, now have more sport bikers in them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by Davecm203 View Post
    Were there any sport bikes there? I have noticed lately that rallies that were traditionally cruisers in the past, now have more sport bikers in them.

There were a number of sport bikes, they were still outnumbered by crusers by about 10 to 1 I would guess. There were three wheelers, many customs and street bikes of all descriptions including a few scooters. There was an acceptance of all types of bikes and good community support as well.

Old Codger
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Boulevard C50 2008 Nomad 1600
    Quote Originally Posted by old codger View Post
    I would prefer to have a bike with no faring. My financial advisor (wife) tells me I will have to put off my purchase for awhile. I made a substantial loan to family member so until that is repaid I will keep my S50. I took off badges today, bored. (AKA Bubba)

Old Codger
    A very sweet bike you have.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Nomad, rider of the ancient east
    Nomad, rider that men know the least
    Nomad, where you come from no one knows
    Nomad, where you go to no one tells
    [by Iron Maiden]

Quote Originally Posted by 07M50zAllDaWay View Post
    If you are looking for fairings, but a standard riding position, and a bike in the 650cc range under 400 lbs, definitely consider the Ninja 650r.
    i agree with AllDaWay. i have a '07 ninja 650 and i actually had a '84 750 night hawk years ago. both are plenty of grunt, nimble and a good all around sport touring bike in my opinion. the ninja is a fuelie, without all the electronics some fuel injected bikes have. and maintaining it has got to be cheaper than the gsxf. bought mine after the '08's had come out and rode it away for 6k and 30 something dollars. btw, AllDaWay just bought a gsxf. look up his thread...with the cool pics

Quote Originally Posted by jjzeal View Post
    maintaining it has got to be cheaper than the gsxf.

What interval do they recommend on the 650r for valve checks?
    I was pleasantly surprised to find the GSXF to be 14000 miles. I was sure it would be like my M50, with one at 600 and again at 7500.

07M50zAllDaWay... I love your Signature!! "not a GSXR, not a Bandit, , not a Katana, a GSXF" I get that all the time! NO its not a Katana da**it.... HA! TO funny

My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    But wasn't the Katana a GSX-F? So....that would make it a Katana in which they dropped the "Katana". Right?

Just picking. Trying to give a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Davecm203 View Post
    But wasn't the Katana a GSX-F? So....that would make it a Katana in which they dropped the "Katana". Right?

Just picking. Trying to give a hard time.

sv 650. nuff siad

Codger, how about a wee strom?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links