1250 Bandit ABS - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1250 Bandit ABS

Leaned over, knee down
    Sounds good to me, except I don't get to ride anywhere.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2010 Victory Cross Country
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    We'll notify you and advance, and you can come round us all up.

'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

Leaned over, knee down
    I stopped by the dealership where I bought the Bandit today, and they had the V Strom sitting out front with there other used bikes, they had stripped off all my flame decals from the tank, but I was glad to see they left the "Route 66", and "HWY 129" decals on the rear fender, still I thought it looked kind of plain with out the flames on the tank, oh well it's there bike now, and who ever buys it will want to personalize it in there own way.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    I wonder why they did that. I can't see that being a deterrent to a potential buyer.

Sure wish I was out riding.

'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    2004 kawasaki zzr 600
    there's a bandit just like yours roaming around mayo.. was kinda surprised to see it actually in the ramp. right next to the ducati 999 and the scores of goldwings and harleys

I remember trading in my 1991 Honda CB750 to a dealership. It sure was sad seeing it hanging out in the sea of used motorcycles. Unfortunately, it's just part of the hobby I guess. Part of me wishes that I had the money and the space to keep every motorcycle I have ever owned.

BTW, I now have over 2K on my B1250, and my rear tire is showing some serious wear. Probably another 1K and I will need a new one. This bike sure does have some serious torque!!!

Hope to ride with you guys soon!!!

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Rickster:

Rox risers for the Uly (accommodates a 7/8" bar) just arrived at their online store. I've got a set on the way. $99 for Uly. $79 for most others.

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Well seems I found the thread Rick. Congrats!!! Well it was good talking to you a little while ago. Hope the comp gets fixed. Remember if you get this way you let me know and we'll set you up with a place to hang out. Won't say crash anymore around here,,lol!!!

Man,, I almost want to go down to the dealer and see what they will do for me on the Strom. Especially before I go and buy that Daylong seat. But then again the Strom has the highway bars and is pretty dern comfortable.

I guess I need to just keep holding out till I can get the Wing. Then all you on the other side of the Country better lock the doors,,cause you never know when I'll pop in!!!

Congrats again Rick!!!!
    No Signature needed.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    2004 kawasaki zzr 600
    well you never know when a group of fools is willing to travel 1k miles down to your neck of the woods..

Just Won't Go Away !
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Bandit, '09 Wee Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by tricker View Post
    well you never know when a group of fools is willing to travel 1k miles down to your neck of the woods..
    I'm ready.

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    Hey man,, if you are coming this way you better stop in the ATL.
    No Signature needed.

Leaned over, knee down
    Quote Originally Posted by stp1971 View Post
    Well seems I found the thread Rick. Congrats!!! Well it was good talking to you a little while ago. Hope the comp gets fixed. Remember if you get this way you let me know and we'll set you up with a place to hang out. Won't say crash anymore around here,,lol!!!

Man,, I almost want to go down to the dealer and see what they will do for me on the Strom. Especially before I go and buy that Daylong seat. But then again the Strom has the highway bars and is pretty dern comfortable.

I guess I need to just keep holding out till I can get the Wing. Then all you on the other side of the Country better lock the doors,,cause you never know when I'll pop in!!!

Congrats again Rick!!!!
    Thanks, this thing is a lot of fun, of course I've never ridden a motorcycle that wasn't.

I got the computer working better, but it's still not right, real slooooooow.

I got that package off to you last night, you should get it Wed or Thur, have fun on your trip.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

so it's been a couple weeks now - what are your impressions now you have a few more miles on?

I test rode a Bandit today and now I want one so bad!!

There was nothing that could have prepared me for how different it would be from my S50!
    Seemingly limitless torque on hand, all the time!

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Quote Originally Posted by ORBrit View Post
    so it's been a couple weeks now - what are your impressions now you have a few more miles on?

I test rode a Bandit today and now I want one so bad!!

There was nothing that could have prepared me for how different it would be from my S50!
    Seemingly limitless torque on hand, all the time!
    +1

Also, when you're ready to hear about them, allow me to tell you how effin' great the Rox Risers are.

Leaned over, knee down
    I have just about 1,000 miles on it, it may have clicked over last night, I didn't check when I got home.

The bad things are few, and mostly easy/cheep to fix.

1. The mirrors need to be wider, I ordered mirror extenders that will move them out an inch on each side for $65.

2. The seat's not the best, I have ridden it through the tank, but it's a real pain in the butt. Lol. I think a Sargent seat runs about $325

3. At steady throttle you get a very slight surging, it kind of feels like you are getting an intermittent head wind. It's so slight that I didn't start noticing it till I had a few hundred miles on it, so I'm not sure if I will spend the money to but a Power Commander or TFI to fix it, about $250

4. As delivered the suspension was a little stiff even for my tonnage (230lb), but I backed off on the adjusters a bit, and it feels better now, may even help the seat feel a bit better, well see, I just did that last night.

5. The lights arn't as good as I have had on my last two Suzuki's, maybe I just don't have them adjusted right yet, but both the "M50", and the "V-Strom" seemed to have better lights.

The only other bad, is I may have an adjustment issue with my back wheel, the bike tracks like it's on a rail, but I can't get the chain to run in the center of the sprocket, and I have already glazed over my rear brake pads.

The good is everything else, I mean this bike puts a big grin on my face every time I ride it, the very top of the list has to be the power delivery, this thing has so much torque that I feel like I have a very strong electric motor attached to my right wrist with a never ending supply of power available, it pulls strong even if you let it idle down to 1500 rpm in 6th gear.
    2009 BMW, R 1200 GS
    2008 DR 650
    2004 BMW R1150RS
    2003 KTM 525 EX/C
    2005 Santa Cruz Heckler

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links