comfy bike
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: comfy bike

Kickstand Operator

comfy bike

So, right now I ride a cruiser, and like it, but I also like the look of standards/sport bikes. The just look...painful to sit on.

Are there any bikes that have a mostly upright and not scrunched(both upper and lower body) riding position?
    2007 Vulcan 900 Custom

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    Many. Do you have a multi-brand dealer nearby? Time to go do some sitting.

'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

Kickstand Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Many. Do you have a multi-brand dealer nearby? Time to go do some sitting.
    We do, but it is kawasaki and yamaha only, and they have a terrible selection.

Mainly I want a really low seat height. my marauder is at 27 inches. This is perfect.
    2007 Vulcan 900 Custom

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

The B-King is very comfortable, but it is kind of a stretch to get my leg over it. I'm 5'11" and can barely flat foot at a stop light.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    09 M90 Black, 11 Star Stryker
    None of the Standards are going to have a low seat height but they are very comfortable. Sport Tourers are great but again the seat height is going to be 31 inches plus.
    I just plan on doing everything twice when I start it and that way when it takes 3 times to get it right I'm only half as mad.

Kickstand Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by amvince View Post
    None of the Standards are going to have a low seat height but they are very comfortable. Sport Tourers are great but again the seat height is going to be 31 inches plus.
    frankly, ick. They need to fix that %%%%.
    2007 Vulcan 900 Custom

I've really been investigating the Buells for the same reason. I love the way they look, but I am afraid I wont be comfortable on longer stints. I ride MOSTY in town + weekend joyrides. I am planning a few trips but nothing epic. Couple days max.

They are also a stretch for my budget.

Kickstand Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by m50Joe View Post
    I've really been investigating the Buells for the same reason. I love the way they look, but I am afraid I wont be comfortable on longer stints. I ride MOSTY in town + weekend joyrides. I am planning a few trips but nothing epic. Couple days max.

They are also a stretch for my budget.
    yeah. One buell has a lower seat height.. like 28.5 inches. You know, something reasonable.

WTF is with non-cruisers and their absurd seat heights.
    2007 Vulcan 900 Custom

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaksong View Post
    yeah. One buell has a lower seat height.. like 28.5 inches. You know, something reasonable.

WTF is with non-cruisers and their absurd seat heights.
    Non-cruisers have to worry more about ground clearance and putting the rider in more of a position to better control the bike. If you want a standard, you could have it lowered some. My sister-in-law is short and lowered her bike. She lost a little lean angle but it still has more than a cruiser. One more thing to remember is that the thickness of a bike will effect how you can put your feet down. My SuperHawk seat and Gixxer seat hights are nearly the same, but the seat on the Hawk seems a lot lower because of it being a narrower bike. Maybe you should take a look at something like a Ducati Monster or a Buell.

Kickstand Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Davecm203 View Post
    Non-cruisers have to worry more about ground clearance and putting the rider in more of a position to better control the bike. If you want a standard, you could have it lowered some. My sister-in-law is short and lowered her bike. She lost a little lean angle but it still has more than a cruiser. One more thing to remember is that the thickness of a bike will effect how you can put your feet down. My SuperHawk seat and Gixxer seat hights are nearly the same, but the seat on the Hawk seems a lot lower because of it being a narrower bike. Maybe you should take a look at something like a Ducati Monster or a Buell.
    I might look at a Buell. But.. a narrow seat sounds uncomfortable. My marauder has a relatively narrow seat compared to a lot of cruisers, and that makes it far less comfy. I have a big fat ass, and I like me some big fat seats.
    2007 Vulcan 900 Custom

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    I might look at a Buell. But.. a narrow seat sounds uncomfortable. My marauder has a relatively narrow seat compared to a lot of cruisers, and that makes it far less comfy. I have a big fat ass, and I like me some big fat seats.
    Yes, the seat on the Hawk is a little more narrow. A Corbin seat does wonders though. I do sympathize though. My ass isn't exactly, uh..."narrow" either.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1972 Honda CL450 Scrambler, 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    I've read many reports that say the Buell Ulysses has one of the most comfortable stock seats you can get.
    The world is not my home. I'm just a passin' thru.

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    I have a 2005 DL650 V-Strom for sale in the bike section with A LOT of goodies on it. $5100 with $1800 worth of stuff including a Sargent Cycle Seat. Stadard riding position with a set of highway pegs that let you ride it like a cruiser too.
    No Signature needed.

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1972 Honda CL450 Scrambler, 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by stp1971 View Post
    I have a 2005 DL650 V-Strom for sale in the bike section with A LOT of goodies on it. $5100 with $1800 worth of stuff including a Sargent Cycle Seat. Stadard riding position with a set of highway pegs that let you ride it like a cruiser too.
    Spam!!!

The world is not my home. I'm just a passin' thru.

Quote Originally Posted by stp1971 View Post
    I'd love to have it, but no cash right now. Concidered trading my M for a V a few times....

but my wife may upgrade to teh M and then I'll have more leverage to justify buying a V.

Sponsored Links