Boulevard Boss C90 T Pipes
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss

Boulevard Boss C90 T Pipes

In January 2014, I purchased a new 2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T Boss for my son. Bike was in the garage until May 2014 (we live in Michigan).

By August 2014, bike has about 12,000 miles on it - he took a cross country trip over the summer. Finally, in October 2014, bike went to Boston and was stored by the Suzuki dealer over the winter. Picked up again in early May, 2015. After the first few rides in May, we noticed the blacked out paint on the pipes was pealing (you can see the chrome under).

Suzuki says that, even though we only rode the bike for a few months, the winter months also count for the warranty period. We fully understand that - but were wondering if anyone else with a Boss has experienced the paint pealing. Looks like they painted over the chrome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2013 C90T BOSS
    So What happened? I am in the same senerio.
    Dan

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    Dan - man, so glad someone else is saying the same thing.

I also found this video on line - look at this - fast forward to time: 4.17.

My dealer took pictures, called Suzuki and said they will not fix it because the bike is over a year old. I also called Suzuki - and they said..sorry, no assistance is being provided.

Sen me an e-mail - [email protected] along with some pictures. I am going to pursue this.
    Last edited by cycle7447; 08-03-2015 at 06:39 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    I wanted to start a new thread - you may have read my earlier thread where I explained that I was concerned because my 2013 Boss pipes were peeling. Suzuki initially said they would not assist in the matter.

So, since I wrote when I was not pleased, I wanted to write again when things got better. That said, after a number of letters to Suzuki, the final one whereby I was able to support a paint issue on the Boss pipes on my bike and a number of others around the world (including pictures), I received a call from Suzuki in California sharing that there was indeed a paint issue.

In one of my letters, I asked for replacement chrome pipes because of the paint concern. I was however assured that the matter has been resolved and they were going to replace the defective parts with the new and improved black pipes and also pay for the labor. I received my letter today - and they said they have notified my dealer.

Great timing - winter is coming - so, I can get the bike in, they can order the parts and there is no rush to get it back. While there, I will get the oil changed, get a new rear tire and also add some driving lights.

Hats off to Suzuki for stepping up.

EZB
    Glad it worked out

Sponsored Links