1978 suzuki gs750E carburetor rebuild question
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1978 suzuki gs750E carburetor rebuild question

Hello, sort of hoping to get some advice on this carburetor.

To make a long story short, there is a screw that the factory service manual says not to remove, that it's set at the factory. I removed it to replace with a newer one. Here's a picture

I believe it is a fuel screw for the idle circuit. But there's also an air screw for the idle circuit in the middle of the carb. I read somewhere else that I should bottom out those screws and then turn them 1 1/4 turns out, just like the air screw. But I'd kind of like to make sure before putting it on the bike later. Or at least know how I'm going to need to properly set this.

Any help is appreciated. I could send some bitcoin or reddcoin if it helps motivate someone to help as well.
    Last edited by squishycans; 07-15-2018 at 04:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    From what I can see on Bikebandit that is the pilot jet....for the idle circuit....so you are probably correct. Most of these were sealed around the 80's to stop people fiddling with them...typically they fit a cap over all of them. It would have been easy if you had counted to turns from bottoming out for reference but as a yardstick 1 1/4 turns should be a good starting point. Carbs generally have either an air or fuel adjustment screw so a pic of the other screws will help.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Ah okay. I wish I would have thought to count the turns, oh well. Maybe I'll try new spark plugs and let it idle for a while and see what they look like and adjust from there.

Sponsored Links