Can replacement GSF1250
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can replacement GSF1250

Hello guys , wondering if you can help me , thinking of changing the rocket launcher/cannon exaust on my GSF 1250 bandit 2011 , it is fuel injected and i dont want to upset anything, just want to slip on something that will look/sound better.

Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    A lot of slipons dont need any flashing....full systems tend to. Your best bet will be to check out well known brands from trustworthy suppliers for applications.

A straight through slip on will tend to make the bike run leaner. Many come with DB killers that help control back pressure at the same time as taming the noise a bit.

I would steer clear of any cheap ones esp from China...not saying they are all rubbish but why take a chance on what may turn out to be a lousy deal.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Seat Tester
    just keep it factory OE its better

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Dont agree with that at all....many after market parts are far better than OEM. A lot of manufacturers work to a price and the penny pinching dept often have final say.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
    Dont agree with that at all....many after market parts are far better than OEM.
    Except that in the US exhaust parts are supposed to be EPA approved for highway use.
    Most aftermarket exhaust parts are NOT......and therefore are illegal, not to mention obnoxious.

Maybe you don't have that problem "down under".
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Ken a lot of aftermarket exhausts are illegal here too...esp since most involve removal of the cat....but decent ones are not too loud and often enhance the performance by un-restricting the gas flow. Luckily our plod force do not bother with these restricitions foisted upon us, mostly by bureaucratic blimps in Brussles. The stupid part about some is they cause vehicles to use more fuel than not.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2002 VS800
    There's no debating that altering EPA equipment is "illegal", but there is room for debate as to whether EPA regs are reasonable or not to begin with.

All of that EPA gear installed by the manufacturers is burying horsepower and not allowing the motor to perform up to it's full potential. Another item that really burns my cork is that in order to meet EPA regs, bikes are designed to re-circulate unspent fumes (gas & oil) thru the air box, into the carb and back into the combustion chamber. The idea of OIL being introduced into the combustion chambers doesn't appeal to me.........LOL! I vent all of my bikes to atmosphere and also run straight pipes with open slip-ons on all of 'em. As long as the needed back pressure is there and knowing that I don't hot-dog by revving the bikes obnoxiously, it's all good.

Interestingly enough, Arizona was the last state that had the last county in the entire country that finally stopped emissions testing on motorcycles. Even the states have decided that motorcycles aren't the worst offenders of EPA standards.
    Riding Ain't A Hobby, It's A Lifestyle

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinical View Post
    There's no debating that altering EPA equipment is "illegal", but there is room for debate as to whether EPA regs are reasonable or not to begin with.

Even the states have decided that motorcycles aren't the worst offenders of EPA standards.
    Two things about that:

Imagine a world where there were NO rules about vehicle noise.......and where every car, truck and bus on the road had NO MUFFLERS.
    For a little sample of what that would be like, go to a a NASCAR race sometime.

There NEEDS to be a rule about noise. If motorcycles are free to ignore it, then everybody else should be too.

As far as air pollution emissions go, have you been to coastal California lately ?
    I thought the air there was mostly cleaned up. Not even close.
    And every little bit helps......or hurts, depending on your perspective.

But the bottom line is: The law is the LAW. And if you violate the terms, you should pay a price.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Sponsored Links