1978 gs750...ignition coils
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1978 gs750...ignition coils

Hello everyone, new here and new to working on motorcycles. Been working on cars for a while, definitely mechanically incline but lost on this one. The bike was running fine but then started to misfire here and there while running, now it always does and has no power. The carbs have been cleaned, oil changed, spark plugs replaced, and now I’ve replaced the ignition coils. Everything but the ignition coils were replaced before it started running bad. I replaced coils on a hunch. Coils I bought do not say what cylinder they go to and are a different style. How do I know what wire goes to what cylinder? I’ve tried going off the original but no luck. Still runs rough so I assume the wires are crossed? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    1975 Suzuki TS185
    With new spark plugs and cleaned carbs, I would check the compression just to be sure. It seems weird to me that your bike would start to misfire and get worse if wires were crossed. I feel like that would cause a constant effect, but I could be wrong I don't know much about that stuff!

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    If you have the HT cables attached to the wrong plugs it wouldnt fire let alone run rough so it is likely you have them round the right way. I would be checking the signal generator and/or the ignitor unit.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Sponsored Links