2000 Triumph Trophy 900
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2000 Triumph Trophy 900

Hope this I don't get banned. I just listed on another forum and banned me and all I was typing was about my bike. I bought this bike back in the spring. I am seeking any helpful info on this bike for any problems it tends to have or any maintenance tips. I did not get a owners manual when I bought it from the person and getting some info from a shop manual that came with it. I am also new to riding and took a safety course. So far I am happy with the bike. I do have a first question on this bike, when shifting up or down, do you need to use the clutch? I have done both and it seems that shifting with no clutch and rolling off the throttle makes a smooth shift. My instructor has mentioned in class about bikes doing this. I don't have the owners manual to see if there is any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    sold
    Some say its OK others say not. I am in the latter group. A clutch is far easier and cheaper to replace than a gearbox/transmission. The alternative is a quick shift which momentarilly cuts the ignition thereby unloading the gears making it easier to shift. The manual way takes experience and if you mess it up will grind the gears...over a short time maybe no damage will occure but my view is why take the chance. As for maintenace tips either a specific forum/section or a downloaded manual.

ps nice bike Trumpies have a great rep now....not so much back in the 70s lol!...
    Last edited by Aussie Steve; 09-04-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptech View Post
    Hope this I don't get banned. I just listed on another forum and banned me and all I was typing was about my bike.
    You many have mis-interpreted what is happening over there.
    Some systems will not give you full access until your first post is manually screened by management.
    If that is the case, you might appear to be banned when that is not the case at all.
    Then, it is also possible that they have "tight" rules and you or your bike doesn't qualify somehow.
    Anyway, no problem here.

I suggest using the clutch, mostly because you need to get into that "habit" for a time down the road when you need to grab it automatically in a tight situation.
    When going UP, shifting into the top two gears is usually easy without the clutch; lower gears not so much.
    When going DOWN it is too easy to screw up and break something without using it.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Sponsored Links