Me, The Africa Twin, 1,000 miles, And 3 Days
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Your Bargain Hunter

Me, The Africa Twin, 1,000 miles, And 3 Days

Sharing this story as a bit of a personal endeavor. It was a great experience, and wanted to share my thoughts for other newer riders out there. Here is a quick intro, and then link below.

Trips like this always sound like such a great idea… You have somewhere you need to be in a certain time frame, and the weather looks clear. There are important personal matters requiring resolution on a Monday morning, and with my initial plan to fly now gone askew, I was staring into the driveway at the Africa Twin and pondering. How hard could it be, right?

All told, I still call myself a rookie rider. I spent some time riding dirt bikes as a teen and spent a couple of years licensed and riding in Vancouver, though that chapter came to a close in 2005. Riding again extensively for a touch over a year now (with some professional instruction along the way to dust off those old skills), I’m on the road a lot, though miles from ever calling myself a seasoned/veteran rider. Prior to this potentially overzealous undertaking, I’d never logged more than a couple continuous riding hours in a day.

https://www.motorcycle.com/features/me-the-africa-twin-1000-miles-and-3-days.html

Sponsored Links