Motorcycle Forum banner

Big City Thunder baffles..on a V2K with Cobra 2-1...work GREAT !

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AloRaptor 
#1 · (Edited)
ok...so I bought a used set of Cobra powerpro HP 2 into 1 pipes on a Vulcan forum for my V2K..... Good deal on price but I was ultimately not happy with the sound. The sound was a bit tinny or hollow...and would 'blatt'..and it backfired a lot on decel which it never did before.

Called Cobra and talked it out....they referred me to Big City Thunder for a new baffle...when they could have just sold me a new set of internals.... very nice of them !

BIg City Thunder has some small tapered perforated baffles you stick way upstream.. in the two straight pipe sections above the join into a single pipe. A bit of work to get the heatshields off, the 2 into 1 joint open, etc.... but WOW did it really fix everything. Now it has a deep purring tone, and still gives out good sound on acceleration.. and it doesnt backfire anymore !!!

I get a sense the folks at BCT really understand exhaust dynamics..and I think anybody who wants to improve their sound would do well to contact them. And..."no"..I dont get any commissions.. ! LOL

Enjoy !
Annie

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds great. I have the same exhaust and think i am going to buy the big city thunder baffles too. Do you recall the part #?Thanks
ok...so I bought a used set of Cobra powerpro HP 2 into 1 pipes on a Vulcan forum for my V2K..... Good deal on price but I was ultimately not happy with the sound. The sound was a bit tinny or hollow...and would 'blatt'..and it backfired a lot on decel which it never did before.Called Cobra and talked it out....they referred me to Big City Thunder for a new baffle...when they could have just sold me a new set of internals.... very nice of them !BIg City Thunder has some small tapered perforated baffles you stick way upstream.. in the two straight pipe sections above the join into a single pipe. A bit of work to get the heatshields off, the 2 into 1 joint open, etc.... but WOW did it really fix everything. Now it has a deep purring tone, and still gives out good sound on acceleration.. and it doesnt backfire anymore !!!I get a sense the folks at BCT really understand exhaust dynamics..and I think anybody who wants to improve their sound would do well to contact them. And..."no"..I dont get any commissions.. ! LOLEnjoy !Annie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.