Can i handle a vulcan 1600
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can i handle a vulcan 1600

So i am looking to get my first bike and was looking for a vulcan 900 but i habe found a steal of a deal on a vulcan 1600 classic im 6’2” just over 350lbs i have 3 years exp on a 49cc drove it a few thousand miles was my primary vehicle for that time i plan on taking the msf rider course but wanted some weighing in on whether i could handle itthank u as well as feedback on the bike itself

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Maybe. Probably given your size.

I am somewhat prejudiced in that I think the Vulcan 900 might be the best overall bike ever built.

Do a test ride on both and see which one feels the best.......to YOU.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard c109
    At your size the question is, can it handle you? I'm 6'3" and about 350 lbs. and I did not want a bike that was too small for me. I hadn't ridden in 25 years before I bought a Suzuki Boulevard 109 (1800cc) this year. I was concerned it would be too big. I was looking at some 1300cc bikes. I am so glad I got the bigger bike. I started out slow on the corners and I've never had the feeling that I couldn't handle it. If I remember correctly, the Vulcans are fairly similar in style. I don't see why you couldn't handle the bigger bike. Just know the cornering is going to be a little slower/wider than the scooter, but the concept of riding is all the same.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs. with a 33" inseam. My '08 Vulcan 900 Classic LT was a perfect fit. You might find the 900 a tad too small. The 1600 will give you more at highway speeds. I think it may be a better "fit" for you.

Sponsored Links