1981 Yamaha 4H7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: 1981 Yamaha 4H7

My Bike(s)
    1981 Yamaha 4H7

Question 1981 Yamaha 4H7

Hi members! I just joined so thanks for the welcome, and please excuse me as I'm very new to this forum and bikes. A little bit of backstory before I get to my actual question/s. My father purchased this bike back in 2007. He used to ride when he was younger, and wanted to get back out on the road after not having a bike for years. He purchased, and after a couple rides it broke down. He was a mechanic and decided to tackle it himself.....long story short, life happened and he was never able to finish it. He passed this year due to cancer, and I have inherited the bike. I want to fix and get it running again. On the title for the Bike the year is 1981, the Model is 4H7 and body type is MC.....4H7 also happens to be the first 3 of the VIN.....but when I try to look it up online, it always pops up xj650 maxim...or a variant of that. Is that another name for the bike? I want to make sure that if I buy parts for the bike, they are correct. Thanks so much for all the help and information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Should have the capacity stamped on the motor somewhere...typically it was on the LH crankcase near the cylinder base. This model number does indeed come up as the XJ650 Maxim

Also check the steering stem for the frame number which should give the model designation.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Sponsored Links