Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go to try to start my bike but will not start on first try after I push on it couple of time it starts. When I get it started it works just fine. Its like it has a mind of it own and only wants to start when it wants to. I have replaced the whole start starter button, still the same problem. It doesn't turn over, nothing when trying to start it. But once it catches it starts up perfectly, and rides good.

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
The best we can do here is give wild guesses......which won't really be doing you any favors as it might end up being REALLY expensive.

If I understand the situation correctly, it would be better to describe your problem as "it won't turn over" or "the starter doesn't run" rather than "it won't start".

You need a multi-meter to chase voltages. A shop manual would help.
It kind of sounds like the brushes in the starter are going bad but on some bikes just getting to them is a big production.
In the end, a shop visit might be cheaper in the long run.

One fairly easy and cheap things to check:
Clean and re-tighten the clamps on the battery posts and check the connection at the other end of those fat cables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.