Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st new to group, Scott from TX. So I bought this bike a couple weeks ago and was told it had only needed a choke cable.... Bologna!!!!! It needed that plus I've cleaned the carb and bottom y pipe and the tank. I've even installed an in-line fuel filter. The only way I can start this bike is still to spray starter fluid.... Any suggestions or help with actual picture of fuel line placement please.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
start by checking to see if fuel is flowing from the fuel tank to the carbs....should be a small bolt on the float bowls. Undoo this and fuel should flow out and continue to do soo while the fuel tap is open. If not suspect the fuel tap filter...easy to do should be a stack type filter inside the tank attached to the fuel tap.

The carb idle circuits are probably blocked so a good carb/fuel cleaner will possibly be a good option. Start the engine using the spray to get the cleaner into all the small passages.

I am assuming this bike doesnt have a vacuum style fuel vale. If it does ther must be a line on the back of the valve to a port on either one of the carbs or the inlet manifold of one to provide vacuum to open the valve when the engine fires.

Just a couple of things to check for the time beeing...see how you go and post the results.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts