Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there can anybody pls explain me how the 10 shift gear work on this Bike and how to use it?I just bought this bike cause I love it I know it has a lot of power and that is a classic vintage Honda Bike,I only found a very little info about the 10 shift but I need to know more about it please,all I know is that Hi-can be use as a cruise and Low in the city,but as far as switch Hi-Lo while I ride I don't know how to use it and if by doing this while I ride and shift gears is convenient or now ...pls more info anybody??

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
It should have an extra shift lever...apparently you use this after you have gone through the normal gears. It shifts it into an overdrive.

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
It really is a high/low "range" which changes the final drive ratio.
Most people use it as an extra high gear but if it's lightly loaded, you can just run it in HIGH all the time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I'm driving in 4gear Hi,can I switch to low and go 5 gear?I mean if I'm driving can I switch the shift while I change gears?of I have to start all over from 1 gear ???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meaning if I start "low" and go all the way to 5 gear and then decide to use "high "do I have to down shift ,change to high and then go all the way up???

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
From what I understand it is simply a second ratio on the fifth gear and acts like an overdrive...so in theory you shift into 5th then use the other shift lever to select the overdrive.

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
Meaning if I start "low" and go all the way to 5 gear and then decide to use "high "do I have to down shift ,change to high and then go all the way up???

The gears line up like this:

1 3 5 7 9 Low range
2 4 6 8 10 High range

Most riders I've known do 1-5 low and then switch the range but you can do it however you want.
To actually use all the gears in order would require a LOT of shifting and wouldn't accomplish much of anything useful.

You can also just leave it in high all the time.......if the bike is lightly loaded and you have good clutch control.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Given that this is the first time I have ever heard of this and seemingly Honda were the only one to do it the question begs to be asked why bother with this system?

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
Given that this is the first time I have ever heard of this and seemingly Honda were the only one to do it the question begs to be asked why bother with this system?
Bingo. A lot of people asked that same question.......and that's why they only did it for one or two years. :bluethum:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts