Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! Cheers to you all! May the road be long, safe and smooth!

I'm new here so I am not sure if I am to just come out and ask questions or if I need to contribute first so please excuse me I am too winded.

1969 T200:

Long story short, I did some work on it in 1998 and it sat, and it sat, and it sat...half the time in storage half the time outside under a tarp. Covered for the most part but by no means protected.

That being said, I am having trouble finding those bikes for sale. I looked for clutch plates and the factory doesnt make them any more.

Golden Question: Should I part the bike or should I sell it whole? Are the parts as hard to get as I think they are?

In advance, I thank you for your responses.

Signed;

Hopeful in Michigan!

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
If it is complete, I would not part it out. You'd most likely sell a few of the parts and the rest would sit around for years, worthless now that the bike is incomplete. Someone may want the entire thing as a project, or to feed a project. I would sell the entire thing, listing it on EBAY or vintage motorcycle forums.
This bike was a terrible seller for Suzuki. They only made it for a short production run, and they lanquished in showrooms for years. So this is a rare bike basically no one wanted new, let alone used, so there are few left and there is very little demand for parts. It would have more interest in the UK, where small displacement two-strokes still have a little bit of a cult following, but in the US it is just a piece of old junk. No one makes parts for it anymore- they would not sell enough to make it worth it.
As for price, well, I found a pretty nice running one for $850. If your's has not run in 15 years and if it has cosmetic issues from sitting outside, it is worth much less than that. I would list it as a project or parts bike for $400-$500 or best offer. Someone will want it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dr.Bob,

Thank you kind sir for your input! I figured as much, but didnt want to be one of those people that sells treasure at a garage sale.

Cheers~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts