Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am restoring a 1972 CB350 and I just wanted to start a thread to bounce some ideas around and ask advice when I run into problems (which I know will happen). I made a quick video about the restoration that I will link to down below but please post any advice/knowledge that you feel will help out. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAU6QBH7KXU

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
at the risk of insulting you, did you check for compression?

If the compression is bad (service manual, think around 120 psi ish) then it will be a bigger deal.

owned a 73 model, had front disk brakes. Not like you could tell from the spongy hydraulic lines.

Lastly, you are missing the air box (the box that contains the air cleaner, the engine could well have sucked in some dirt)

The side cover would be the least of my worries.

and you will learn to cuss out the individual who thought putting phillips heads screws on a bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check for compression and it was acceptable. I absolutely know what you are talking about with the phillips heads since I spent three weeks removing the ten or so screws in the side covers.

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Will almost certainly have to replace the cam tensioner blades...the entire CB range was re-known for eating them....still a very nice period looking machine.

Good luck and get those usless philips changed out for socket cap bolts...a very common upgrade back in the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts