Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! Looking for some help please.
I have an issue where the negative grounds have current in them. I have _⁵tried to find where wires might be grounding each other out but no luck. Any suggestions would really be APPRECIATED
THANK YOU ⅜

·
Super Moderator
12,903 Posts
Need a better explanation. The negative wires are supposed to "have current in them".

If you really mean that they have voltage on them, more than a tiny little bit, then that means that you have a loose frame ground connection somewhere. That situation is an OPEN, not a crossing of wires (short).

Note: I have removed the other identical post you made.
Please post questions only ONCE so that the discussion won't get fragmented.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! I am just learning the finer points of the electrical part of a bike. I will do some more looking and using your suggestions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the double post. Didn't even realize I did that. Must be my fat fingers. Still trying to find the negative ground for the bike. Is it in a certain place? Feel a little silly asking. This part of working on the bike is new to me. I really appreciate the help!

·
Super Moderator
12,903 Posts
Still trying to find the negative ground for the bike. Is it in a certain place?
Find the fat cable connected to the negative battery post.
Follow it until you find where it is bolted to the frame.
On many bikes, that is one of the bolts that holds the starter to the frame or engine case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hope you got this fixed. Fyi often recommended here is you probably want to get a repair manual for a bike you work on. For me it's always paid for itself many times. They have tons of info including some troubleshooting. Will save you lots of headaches - but otoh it's also great to have a bunch of bros/sisters like MC Forums who don't mind giving back to the life. Have a great ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts