Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1982 Suzuki GS550L, 6 spd, 550 cc engine, sharp paint job, blue and purple wiht a S on the sides of the tank. Most of the chrome is in great shape, a little bit of rust on the inside of the exhaust, nothing major. 13,xxx miles, I know the carbs need work probably just cleaned and syncronized. I have a manual for the bike. there is a problem with the ignition also, but you can jump it at the solenoid, I haven't started it for a couple months but I did ride it. it's a nice little bike, it would be a good bike to learn on. I'm 6'2" and it's a bit small for me. I put about 80 miles on the bike and I was going to get the carb work done but then the ignition problem started, it might be just a fuse, i just don't have the time to work on it. The engine has plenty of power, I had it up to 85 going up a hill, and I weigh 300 lbs, so I'm a big guy on this small bike, but it pulled nicely. The clutch felt fine, this is the first bike I have owned and only the second I have rode, so I don't know a whole lot about motorcycles. I bought the bike this spring, I have a clear title for it. I don't know any history of this bike other than what I have learned about it. Oh also the rear tire has a small leak in it, it takes a couple weeks to go flat, the front tire is good. The rear brake is not hooked up hte cable is broke, but the brake works, just not from the handle bars. I also have a Clymers repair manual for this bike. If you have any questions let me know and I will try to answer them. I am willing to deliver a certain distance, the price can be discussed later. Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
No. Use the advanced post option and the upload feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures

Ok I Uploaded Some Pictures And They Are In My Album If You'd Like More Let Me Know. Also I'm Asking Best Offer Really And Possible Trades Let Me Know What You Got And Questions I'll Try To Answer. Clean And Clear Title In Hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts