Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Honda V45 VF750 super Magna. I just rebuilt the carbs, set the float to height specs and it is leaking. The bowl gaskets are new. It seem to be coming from inside the carbs and it flows at a steady place. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1988 Honda V45 VF750 super Magna. I just rebuilt the carbs, set the float to height specs and it is leaking. The bowl gaskets are new. It seem to be coming from inside the carbs and it flows at a steady place. Can anyone help?
Steady flow, means the needles are letting the gas flow to the bowls. I would check the needles and their seats. At least one of them is not sealing. Otherwise, at least one float might not be be floating and pushing a needle valve shut and it keeps letting in fuel.
I know it isn’t fun pulling the carb plate, but once their right, it’s a great motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Steady flow, means the needles are letting the gas flow to the bowls. I would check the needles and their seats. At least one of them is not sealing. Otherwise, at least one float might not be be floating and pushing a needle valve shut and it keeps letting in fuel.
I know it isn’t fun pulling the carb plate, but once their right, it’s a great motor.
Your reply goes AFTER the last QUOTE flag. Like this:
I will replace them and see what happens. I cleaned them very very well, so I was sure they would seal.
Thanks for the information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts