Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, but it seemed liked the right place to request a wiring diagram for my 1989 Suzuki Katana. I did a search for a similar post on this forum and i did find one, but the person who had the wiring diagram unfortunately lost his and i was hoping someone else would be able to provide one. I recieved this bike as a gift from a friend who has left town, but not before he tried jumping the bike, putting on the cables backwards. I followed the wiring and using my trusty continuity tester found the source of the problem to be the starter relay. So anyway, its got some open leads and the fuel guage doesnt work amongst other things, so a wiring diagram would be very helpful at this stage. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go spend the $20 on a manual invaluable if you ask me.
I have the Clymer at home I'll try to remember to scan it when I get home.
Good luck with your new toy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the service manual for my 94 GSX600FR. I wonder if it has a page in it for electrical. I could scan it ans send it to you. I'll check it out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the manual for the 1989 Katana 600 and can fax you the pages if needed. Email me....
If you don't mind can I get you to fax me some pages for my 89 katana I need the colors of the wires that hook to the silinoid from the starter switch some one has messed with all my wires and I don't know which wires go were

·
Super Moderator
13,512 Posts
That offer was from about 18 years ago.
I doubt that he will see your post.

The wiring that you are asking about is a lot more complicated than you might think......because of the safety cut-out relays mostly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts