Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1995 katana 750 and needed some advice on my throttle problems. i had rescently picked up the bike not to long ago and before i bought it, it was sitting for a couple of years. i changed the spark plug made sure the wires were good, and cleaned all the carbs. i put the bike back together it started up fine idled good i let it warm up but when i went to pull the throttle back the engine fell flat on its face, it hesitates with the throttle wide open. but with the throttle cracked its fine. when you hold the throttle wide open it will sit there and bog and bog while the rpms slowly rise but when it reachs about 5000 its fine. i dont know what to do, i cleaned everything that there is to clean engine wise. I REALLY NEED HELP, PLEASE GET BACK TO ME.

·
Super Moderator
12,335 Posts
, i cleaned everything that there is to clean engine wise.
You THINK that is the case but there are tiny passages in the carb(s) that you probably missed.

The good news is that it sounds like it is running good enough that some good carb cleaner in the gas will fix you right up.

You DID put fresh gas in it, didn't you ??
If not, drain the tank first.

Try original Gumout Carb cleaner or Berryman's B12 in half a tank of gas at twice the recommended rate. Run it long enough to get it warmed up. Shut it off and let it sit overnight. Pray.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ya, sounds like dirty carbs to me. Make sure you take the main jets out and spray them real good. Also, make sure all of your o-rings under the vac nipples are good as well as your vac caps. Any vac leak will bog you way down. Also look for air leaks around the boots where the carbs meet the engine, as well as the airbox. Turn the a/f screws to 2.5 out, and you should be good. Oh ya, do you have a stock filter and airbox?

·
Registered
4 Posts
if the gas switch is to the left thats set to prime, if it is to the left, that could cause bogging at full throttle turn it to the down possition after a half minute of running then try opening your throttle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts