Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put bike up last year . went to get it going and clutch not working . rebuilt the master cylinder ,then put new line on it ,today put new slave cylinder on it . still don't want to push when in gear. have tried when running but it just lunges and stalls. it just don't seem to bleed very well. am using vacuum pump. and tried a couple different ways to no avail. please help. I'm in Michigan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does that first sentence mean ?
As for "lunges and stalls", are you sure the sidestand is UP ?
i mean tries to go into gear without clutch working. not sure about side stand tho. should i not be able to push around with in gear and pulling clutch in. it wont even do that

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
i mean tries to go into gear without clutch working.

should i not be able to push around with in gear and pulling clutch in. it wont even do that
And that first sentence doesn't help make things any clearer.

Can you push it around if it is in Neutral ?
If so, then you should be able to do that while in gear with the clutch pulled in......but maybe not in 1st gear.
Do you feel normal resistance when you pull the clutch ?
Have you checked the amount of free play in the lever before you feel resistance ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that first sentence doesn't help make things any clearer.

Can you push it around if it is in Neutral ?
If so, then you should be able to do that while in gear with the clutch pulled in......but maybe not in 1st gear.
Do you feel normal resistance when you pull the clutch ?
Have you checked the amount of free play in the lever before you feel resistance ??
yes can push in neutral. no cant push in gear with clutch in. resistance ? its all hydraulic. kickstand down motor not running cant push in gear with clutch in. just seems like dont bleed well. i did see someone say might need to let run to move oil around ... but anyhow thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
resistance ? its all hydraulic.
Hydraulic or not, you should have to apply a fair amount of muscle to the lever to pull it.

If the lever moves fairly easily and there is not fluid gushing out somewhere.......then it is likely that your clutch master cylinder has gone bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hydraulic or not, you should have to apply a fair amount of muscle to the lever to pull it.

If the lever moves fairly easily and there is not fluid gushing out somewhere.......then it is likely that your clutch master cylinder has gone bad.
ok , but I've replaced all three components to the clutch. rebuilt the master cylinder. new line , and the slave .I've got some things to check out this weekend again. ty

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
ok , but I've replaced all three components to the clutch. rebuilt the master cylinder. new line , and the slave .I've got some things to check out this weekend again. ty
There is no "but". Is there pressure in the line or not ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts