Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got a 1997 Suzuki VZ800 Marauder couple weeks ago and the people I got it from had installed a charging system on it well they didnt run it very good and the clutch lever was rubbing it and it rubbed three the wires and caused my wiring harness to melt I've got it off the bike and attempting to fix it but it got it pretty bad I am in desperate need of a good wiring digram to go by to make sure I get all tee he wires connected correctly does any one maybe have one or a picture of the wiring harness all laid out that I could go by PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

·
Super Moderator
12,678 Posts
I think this is going to be a losing proposition.
Unless maybe you can find a complete stock wiring harness off a salvage bike.

I suggest that you part it out and look for another bike.

Maybe you can find the same model that needs an engine/transmission and use the one that you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well got a 1997 Suzuki VZ800 Marauder couple weeks ago and the people I got it from had installed a charging system on it well they didnt run it very good and the clutch lever was rubbing it and it rubbed three the wires and caused my wiring harness to melt I've got it off the bike and attempting to fix it but it got it pretty bad I am in desperate need of a good wiring digram to go by to make sure I get all tee he wires connected correctly does any one maybe have one or a picture of the wiring harness all laid out that I could go by PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS
Try you tube and ask for the wiring diagram for your specific bike, also check with a local shop they might at least point you in the direction. where are you located? [email protected]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Rather than trying to make heads or tails out of the wiring spaghetti,

See E-Bay item #333394779135 for $65 including shipping from Oakville, Connecticut, US:
1997 Suzuki VZ800 Marauder Complete Wiring Harness | eBay

or E-Bay item #193192797880 for $105 including shipping from Whitney, Texas, US:
97-03 SUZUKI MARAUDER 800 OEM MAIN ENGINE WIRING HARNESS MOTOR WIRE LOOM | eBay

If you are in Australia, an E-Bay search on "1997 Suzuki VZ800 wiring harness" in All Categories will bring up those hits, too.

Although they have a very high feedback rating, I have never ordered from either so YMMV (your mileage may vary).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts