Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 97 Royal Star that I had the clutch slave replaced because it was leaking last fall. I knew the clutch would need replacing at some point since it was slipping a bit. I moved north to the mountains and put the bike in the garage for the winter and started it regularly. I have a steep gravel driveway and a few times I thought about getting it out of the garage but was a bit concerned about the clutch slipping. So I would back it into the garage. The last time I took it out of the garage, I found when I put it in gear, the bike would stall. I checked the fluid and bled the line but still would stall. I figured that I would upgrade the clutch and pressure plate to a Barnett and also rebuilt the clutch master. It still stalls. I have great pressure on the clutch lever and from what I see, no air in the lines. What else could it possibly be?

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
You do remember that the side stand MUST be UP before you put it into gear......right ???
It is designed to cut off the engine if the side stand is down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I was not aware of that, but I will give it a try with the stand up. I've only owned the bike since late summer and with the move, I haven't had much time to read up on the bike. The bike seems to lunge forward a bit before it shuts off, that's why I was leaning towards a clutch problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You were right on the money. Everything is working as it should. Thank you for taking the time to reply. It sure saved a lot of unwarranted work and expense

·
Super Moderator
13,153 Posts
You were right on the money. Everything is working as it should. Thank you for taking the time to reply. It sure saved a lot of unwarranted work and expense
Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.
Glad I could help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts