Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the friction/clutch plates in my 1999 vstar 1100 custom. Took my time thought I got it all back together correctly. Went to try it out to see how it worked, fired right up and now it does not go into gear when I push up or down on shifter. Neutral light goes off but when I let clutch out it does nothing. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm new to this so I'm stumped. I did soak plates before installing, the clutch plates were installed with "flat"side out. Any suggestions. Hoping I dont have to take apart again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/new-owner-must-do-list did you adjust both the clutch lever and clutch rod. you back the adjuster screw at the lever till there is plenty of play. then at the rod loosen the locknut and back the screw out until there is freeplay, then slowly turn the screw in until light pressure is felt. and back off 1/4 turn and tighten the locknut while holding the screw with a screwdriver so it doesn't move. then at the lever adjust so there is a 1/8th inch of space between the lever and perch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts