Motorcycle Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
You are mistaken. I am new to the forum but have been riding for almost 10 years. Seems to me, you should have pulled over and stopped. Just my opinion but a car (any car) is a lot safer then a bike. Same deal with drunks. If they are way in front or way behind they cant hit you. 90 mph may be fun, but here in Oregon they ticket 100 bucks for every mile over the limit. Speed limit around here is 55. Almost 40 over is reckless endangerment and a night in county. I don't speed. Car or bike if someone is on my ass I pull to the side and slow way down until they pass. Cat and mouse on a sport-bike with a car, 90 mph, public road... Squid! You guys hit each other you die. Not him.
trust me.. that situation i was doing well over 90.

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
trust me.. that situation i was doing well over 90.
I think that Porsche was just trying to get you to race. There are a lot of people around here that thinks running down and interstate or highway as fast as they can is racing. I have had them do that to me on my motorcycle as well as when I am in my car. I usually just move over into the right lane and ignore them. They usually go away. If they don't (or start acting really stupid) I will get off at an exit. A couple of them have seemed to get pissed that I would not race. But, I must admit that I had one guy did get so aggressive with me while I was on my bike, that I did gear down to 3rd and walk away from him.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think that Porsche was just trying to get you to race. There are a lot of people around here that thinks running down and interstate or highway as fast as they can is racing. I have had them do that to me on my motorcycle as well as when I am in my car. I usually just move over into the right lane and ignore them. They usually go away. If they don't (or start acting really stupid) I will get off at an exit. A couple of them have seemed to get pissed that I would not race. But, I must admit that I had one guy did get so aggressive with me while I was on my bike, that I did gear down to 3rd and walk away from him.
yeah i went from 3rd to 5th pinning it.. wound up going quite fast hahaha

·
Registered
855 Posts
well apparently my moped > your bike. /shrug

I've even re-done the "bikes I own" section to reflect the vespaness of my bike, those exta 938cc's were holdin her back anyways.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey hey, sit on it. I love the Fonz. He was a moral bad-a$$.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Why isn't this thread moved yet ? It's for Gixxers, and GS500F is no gixxer.

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
Why isn't this thread moved yet ? It's for Gixxers, and GS500F is no gixxer.
Oh GOOD! I was worried that we might not have anything to argue about with Cricket gone and all !! :roll:

P.S. Why does this thread show pages 7,8,9 that apparently don't exist?
Has "someone" put a HEX on us ??? :shock:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know Cricket liked to argue but what happed to him? Did 'they' kick him off the forum?

·
Registered
4 Posts
still have mine

I have a question.....hope to get some imput.......my son is looking at a GS500F for a first bike......thoughts.....?????? Any comments...is it a good bike....?????
i got a 2007 gs500f last season after taking my safety course. 100% fun, easy to operate, parts are on the cheap scale, looks sharp with and without the fairings. id suggest getting rid of the stock exhaust right off. i almost got clocked on mine just op the road fr4om my house because it was dead quiet, i put a full delkevic header back on it, sounds nice n throaty and has definitely kept eyes on me to keep my idiot side in check :D

depending on the year i wouldnt pay more than 2200 (i paid 1800 for 07 with 2700 miles on it) but would and do suggest others whom want to ride a sports style bike to start on this or a ninja 250 *its fuel injected and has alot less nut if hes younger or smaller stature* :D

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.