Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I bought this honda from a guy that lives 15 minutes from me in northern IL. He said the bike is from arizona and hasn't been started in 2 years. And at first he couldn't get the bike to run, so he cleaned the carb and got it running. I bought the bike and have been riding it for oh maybe a week or 2, and it seems to bog out real bad in the lower rpms in the low parts of first gear so i have to pull the clutch in, put it to full throttle, then let the clutch out, to keep it running sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time though. My uncles brother is a mechanic for dirt bikes, and told me to buy a jet 1 size above stock and 1 size under stock. So i bought one over, which is what FMF reccomended for my altitude, and now the bike doesn't seem to want to idle anymore, and is blowing out a lot more smoke than before. Is this a bad thing? I have my gas mixed at 40:1 and it has been having minimal smoking from the exhaust til i changed this jet, also i have not fouled out a plug yet. I have yet to test drive it since i put the new jet on, the old jet is a "390RD" and the one i bought is a "370." I was just wondering if it was normal for a 2 stroke to not idle, ive been told both it is normal and isn't, So if there's anything you reccomend doing to fix my problems i would appreicate it.

EDIT: Also i would like to add, my uncle's brother was saying im not even reaching the powerband on my bike, because the jetting is such an issue with it being from arizona and the altitude change from there to Northern, IL. Do you think that the jet size change could have fixed the problem? As i said, i still have yet to test drive it.

Thanks,
Dillon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i test drove the bike, and it has SO much more power in 3/4 to full. But i am worried about the idle and low end power. I understand the idle screw is what you do to adjust this, but where is it? i dont have a manual yet, i need to invest in one. But does anybody know where the idle screw for a 2000 honda cr125 is?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts