Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2000 victory sport cruiser and the owner told me the fuel pump needed to be replaced I replaced the pump and I can't get it to start. I noticed that the pump doesn't prime when I turn it on therefore I have no fuel pressure I check the fuses the relays and they are all good. I also noticed that the tps is not plugged in but I xant find the conector that goes to the tps I called the guy to see if he knew anything about that but no answer.
I performed the throttle reset and still nothing.

Does anyone know whats the cure to this issue.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
13,232 Posts
Does anyone know whats the cure to this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry but I don't know anything about that model.

I DO know, however, that you should NEVER buy any vehicle where the seller says "It ONLY needs......(anything)"
And you are now seeing WHY.
If it really was that easy, he would have fixed it already.

I wish you luck. I hope you got it dirt cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but I don't know anything about that model.

I DO know, however, that you should NEVER buy any vehicle where the seller says "It ONLY needs......(anything)"
And you are now seeing WHY.
If it really was that easy, he would have fixed it already.

I wish you luck. I hope you got it dirt cheap.
thank you beleive me i dont do this often, the best part is that i figure out what was wrong with the fuel pump the last owner installed the pump back wards inlet on outlet and viseversa so now that works it fires right up but now i have one more question for anyone that can help me, the fuel regulator has two nipples one its a return of fuel to the tank from the rail but the other one i do not know where it goes.
it will be awesome if someone can help me.

·
Super Moderator
13,232 Posts
the fuel regulator has two nipples one its a return of fuel to the tank from the rail but the other one i do not know where it goes.
it will be awesome if someone can help me.
There is no need for a third output.
One high pressure one to the "rail" and one return to the tank.
If fuel is not spewing out that extra one, it might not be what you think it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help i found on my research that the third one needs to capped so I did and it ran much better. But now I have a new dilemma I see a tps sensor on the right hand side of the bike but there is no nothing connected to it so ibtook off the tank and look all over the harness for a tps plug and I xant find anything suggesting it was cut off or anything does it have to be plugged into something.

I thank you kindly for listening to me .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts