Motorcycle Forum banner

2001 Suzuki intruder 1500 staring staring problems

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 ·
I got a 2001 Suzuki inturder and it want to start when I push the toggle switch down to run with out even pushing the start button. This all start after I replace the throttle postion sensor. Can so one help with this crazy problem I replace the ignition switch and rebuilt the starter thinking that would help ,but I still got the same freaking problem.

#2 ·
a simple answer is the start button is stuck in the on position. so clean the buttons contacs. the other thing it could be is a wire thats shorted or it was put together wrong when you made the repairs. you could try putting the old tps back in to see if the new one is defected

#3 ·
No way that a TPS can cause that problem.
But a starter solenoid welded closed can.

Instead of throwing money away by guessing on parts, he needs a meter and wiring diagram.
IF.....you disconnect the small wire going to the solenoid and it still does that, then the solenoid is bad.
IF.....it stops doing that with the small wire off, then you need to check the start button circuit and associated wiring and relays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.