Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the starter, ignition coils, ICM, new battery checked most of my wiring and still no spark, the starter turns but the compression sounds low . Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes ,I probably could have just taken it into the shop, but now is not the time for what if's. So anyway, I did the wiring on my 17 inch handle bars through the 1 inch tubing and it was a success. but after riding for about a year with my new handle bars my blinkers went out. The handle bars were just close enough to the blinker circuit board inside to cause a short, the bike kept running for a couple days later and then it wouldn't start up. Been sitting ever since.
Question, could anything electrical cause the starter to turn but, it just sounds so loose like something gargling around with maybe low compression in the motor? I can still hear a slight sound of the engine rotation through the pipes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for any ideas because I can't afford to take it to the shop and I really need my bike to run. It's the one part of me that I don't want to live without. I bought it brand new when I was 21 back in 2001 and it's a real burden as many times as it has been right by my side broke down. I took it into a shop years ago to change my first tire and they (shop) stripped one of the two bolts that holds the pipes on. Not the bolt, but threads on the frame. Was too young to know how to fix that years ago. But now I'm a little smarter, just able to follow the book for the most part, but the book can't hear what noise that is comming from my 2001 vstar 1100 when I try to start it. I don't want to pull out the starter clutch package, I followed some you tube video guy with the same problem as mine and he took it in to a shop and there was no significant answer after that many videos. Please help?

·
Super Moderator
12,410 Posts
I wish you luck.
You can't always find the answers you need on an Internet forum (GASP).
Sometimes you need an experience person to BE there to see, hear and touch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
he was sketchy in his description of what was wrong, i thought he would get more informed responce's at a yamaha forum. he went to star bike's and is getting many replies.i hope i didn't break an unwritten rule, i'm not to good at reading between lines.but then all these forums are motorcycle . com.i believe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts