Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the story. My dad decided to put my bike on the worst trailer ever. When we arrived to the local track, the bike was slanted, and handlebars turned(Telling me this is the reason). Anyways, when I got on the bike, and started it, I instantly felt it being different. I told my dad 'Something's wrong with this bike' and he basically told me nothing was wrong, then he got on the bike, took it down the rode, and when he turned the bike, it basically gave gas. Then we put it in neutral, and found out, no matter where we turn the handle bars, it revs. This is obviously the throttle cable.. but I'd love to be 100% sure. And PLEASE, if this is the problem, HOW DO I FIX IT!? I heard rerouting will fix it, but I have nooo clue how to do it. Please, someone find a video or something! Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,037 Posts
This is obviously the throttle cable.. but I'd love to be 100% sure. And PLEASE, if this is the problem, HOW DO I FIX IT!? I heard rerouting will fix it, but I have nooo clue how to do it. Please, someone find a video or something! Thanks!!!
Basically you have lost all of the slack in your throttle cable......or the return spring is loose or broken.
It it a single throttle cable or double ??

INSPECT the throttle cable.....all the way from the hand grip to where it connects at the carb.
Look for places where it is pinched or kinked.
Then turn the bars......with the engine OFF...... and watch the cable to see if it moves and how.

Seems like I remember the last time I had that trouble that the outer sheath had "jumped" out of it's little resting cup up by the throttle, thereby taking all of the slack out of the cable, and then some.

It might be necessary to get a new cable, but not likely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.