Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am new to the forum and have a 2002 Intruder 1400 that I got from a buddy and would love some advice from the guys and gals who have done their own work. I am new to motorcycles but have worked on a lot of old cars and trucks so turning wrenches isn't an issue. I want the more aggressive stance with the short rear fender and lower to the ground but I don't want to give up all of my ride quality and make this something that is miserable to ride for a while. I am hoping that the changes I want won't require me to chop anything. I would like to go for this bike. I am just uncertain if this is just a simple swap parts or if they had to do a lot of custom fab work to make this happen. I want it lower to the ground, single person seat, short rear fender, small ape hangers since I am taller and the stock bars make me hunch over more than I like, and maybe a little bit bigger rear tire. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like the bobber look but I know that the seat in the picture is not going to be great for longer rides so I would go with something more comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Assuming those are straight pipes.......it will be louder than CRAP and you might not want to stay in the seat long enough for it to get uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha lets say the exhaust is not what is in the picture. I was just giving a reference to what look I was going for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts