Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow the right turn signal managed to get loose. Anybody know how to fix it or how it's held together?? it still works

·
Registered
418 Posts
Somehow the right turn signal managed to get loose. Anybody know how to fix it or how it's held together??
That is a pretty general statement right there. Stock signal I am guessing? I am not familiar with that model so I am going to take a guess. Looking from the ground up into the area by the radiator there is a chance you can get to the nuts on the back of the mounting bolts on the signal. Maybe from the top also but without removing the air ducts I doubt it, but it is worth a shot to look though. Like I said I haven't even looked close at one of these so I am just guessing.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That is a pretty general statement right there. Stock signal I am guessing? I am not familiar with that model so I am going to take a guess. Looking from the ground up into the area by the radiator there is a chance you can get to the nuts on the back of the mounting bolts on the signal. Maybe from the top also but without removing the air ducts I doubt it, but it is worth a shot to look though. Like I said I haven't even looked close at one of these so I am just guessing.
:plus1: 1 nut. if ya got small hands your set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it's stock. And when I reached down there it had all the same pieces as the left signal which is still held together...which is why I'm confused.

·
Super Moderator
12,541 Posts
either the nut fell off, or the bolt broke and you need to replace the light
Or the surface it's mounted TO is cranked, bent or broken.

Bottom line is that you need to wiggle it around a bit while observing all the parts very closely to see where the movement is actually occurring.
Feel might be better than sight.
Most often it is just the nut is loose but sometimes the bolt "stud" is broken free inside the stem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts