Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one help me? I have a 2005 T100. The problem is it acts like its rumming out of gas. Taken the carbs apart 4 times. The gas tank petcock apart twice. Check the valve clearnce. Changed the rev box or igniter. No change. Does any one have a idea? Thanks. R71R IN Colorado.

·
Super Moderator
12,668 Posts
Does any one have a idea? Thanks. R71R IN Colorado.
Yes. You need to do some testing rather than just continuing with your wild guesses.

Do the carbs have a drain nipple and screw valve on the bottom of the bowls like most do ??
If so, you open them to see if there really IS any gas getting to the carbs or not.
After that, you test for spark when it is in a failing condition.

If it sounds like it's running out of gas, then it probably is.
Thoughts that you haven't mentioned:
Plugged fuel filter or screen.....or gas line restricted some other way.
Failed vacume to automatic petcock, if it has that feature.
Plugged tank vent, causing a vacume to build up in the tank.

Then.......is it possible that it is getting too MUCH gas instead of too little, causing it to bog down and die ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out of gas

Thanks for responding. It only acts like its running out of gas when im riding it not at idle. The longer i ride it the worse it gets. All the things you sugested ive done more than once. R71R IN Colorado

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,668 Posts
Thanks for responding. It only acts like its running out of gas when im riding it not at idle. The longer i ride it the worse it gets. All the things you sugested ive done more than once. R71R IN Colorado
Well then you are obviously overlooking something........and you need a new set of eyes to look at it.

Since we can see and feel what is going on, it's not likely that we can help ........or any other forum either.....unless maybe it's Triumph specific and you just get lucky.

I suggest that a shop visit is in order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts