Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just askin if someone can explain wich screw is the mixture screw and best way to set it and same with the idle adjustment.Thanx. I'm totally bookless. No manuals to be had and pretty broke.Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Just askin if someone can explain wich screw is the mixture screw and best way to set it and same with the idle adjustment
Why do you ask ?
If the bike runs good and idles smoothly, there probably is no reason to mess with either one.

·
Registered
926 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum! Spend some time here and you'll find there are several resources to be had. :bluethum:

Secondly, Easy's question is right...if it's running ok nothing should be adjusted. If it's not running ok then turning random screws on the throttle body is not the place to start. Find a manual. You should be able to find one on this site or here: Suzuki Volusia Forums : Intruder Volusia and Boulevard Forum
fyi, your bike is fuel injected...no mixture screw to be found to my knowledge

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey , ty 50.. there is no fuel mixture ajustment just an idle ajustment screw under the left side of the gas tank. turn clockwize to increase idle speed.
should be set about 1100 rpms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey , ty 50.. there is no fuel mixture ajustment just an idle ajustment screw under the left side of the gas tank. turn clockwize to increase idle speed.
should be set about 1100 rpms.
thanx BIKERBANDIT. Your reply was much more helpful and far less annoying than EASYRIDER.:mad: YOU ANSWERED my question. I didnt say my bike was running well......had i said that, then maybe easyrider would not have wasted his time.
if i sound like a dick, its cuz easyrider did...........thank you bikerbandit for the clear direct answer.....:bluethum:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
This guy seems like the type who posts a few times and is gone. ty50, you really need to download a manual as well as the service manual and learn more about your bike, especially if you don't even know if it is carbed or fuel injected!

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanx BIKERBANDIT. Your reply was much more helpful and far less annoying than EASYRIDER.:mad: YOU ANSWERED my question. I didnt say my bike was running well......had i said that, then maybe easyrider would not have wasted his time.
if i sound like a dick, its cuz easyrider did...........thank you bikerbandit for the clear direct answer.....:bluethum:
Yeah, he's a dick because he didn't hold your hand and wipe your tears when he told you the truth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 c50 boulevard and the throttle bodies have 2 flat head screws I'm the back I think that they are the float screws I thought they were jets I screwed them out now I'm lost as to where they are supposed to be set at any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 07 c50 as well and I need to know about the two screws also. The bike seems to run the best two full turns out. But where should they be?

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
I would suspect these machines are fuel injected and have no way of adjusting fueling other than through an OBD scanner. I have no idea what screws would be on a throttle body other than an idle setting.

If they are carbs typically the idle screw is to set the idle....as suggested by the name and the mixture screw is set by the factory and hidden under a small pressed in cap to stop people from fiddling.

As a general setting....if you did fiddle with a mixture screw somehow...1 and a half turns out from bottoming is a good start point.

When you bottom a jet adjusting screw you have to be very gentle...screw in until a slight resistance is felt. Too much and you will damage the jet tip

Posting a pic will help

good luck

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
I have a 2007 c50 boulevard and the throttle bodies have 2 flat head screws I'm the back I think that they are the float screws I thought they were jets I screwed them out now I'm lost as to where they are supposed to be set at any help
A quick Google search found this:

Fuel-injected, 50 cubic inch, eight-valve, liquid-cooled, 45 degree V-twin engine tuned for exceptional low rpm power and torque.

SO.....it is likely that those screws are NOT any kind of adjustments at all......and if you can't tell the difference between carbs and fuel injection, you should NOT be messing with it in the first place. :oops:
Probably should screw them back all the way in.

The mixture, and often even the idle speed, is not adjustable with fuel injection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts