Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this bike last September and am ready to go bigger, so this bike must go first. Has full factory warranty, and first service was completed at 600 miles. Most of the 1332 currently on the odometer miles were used commuting on the highway to work last fall. I consistently got around 55 MPG. Has Autometer 2 5/8" tachometer installed (not the prettiest installation, but it works and I can remove it if desired). Only flaw is a small area on the lower part of the muffler where a friend wanted to help me out by taking a brillo pad to a mark on the chrome. Asking $3,700. Bike is located in Southern Maryland. Post or PM and questions.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Stephen Soulsby said:
I bought this bike last September and am ready to go bigger, so this bike must go first. Has full factory warranty, and first service was completed at 600 miles. Most of the 1332 currently on the odometer miles were used commuting on the highway to work last fall. I consistently got around 55 MPG. Has Autometer 2 5/8" tachometer installed (not the prettiest installation, but it works and I can remove it if desired). Only flaw is a small area on the lower part of the muffler where a friend wanted to help me out by taking a brillo pad to a mark on the chrome. Asking $3,700. Bike is located in Southern Maryland. Post or PM and questions.

Damn ... I wish I knew someone around looking for a bike ... that's a nice bike .. and a fair price!

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
I saw a savage 2004 model sitting in a pawn shop and they were asking $3900.00 for it. It had less than 2000 miles on it. I want to say it had 1800 and some change on it. "J" says it fits her good,, would be a good bike for her to learn on. Hmmmm...... maybe when we get her outa debt.

·
Dogs Best Friend(admin)
9,643 Posts
Here's my flawed logic. Say, she's $2000 in debt. It takes you 6 months to get her out of debt - down to zero. Get her a S40 then for a higher price , say, $4500. She is then back to $4500.

Get her the sweet deal now and in 6 months she'd be in for $3900.

Advice - Get her the bike!

·
7,992 Posts
Thanks!!! I thought it was high when I looked at it. I will keep looking but I think the 650G will be the bike she will learn on. I figure if Doug can learn on it she can too.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
stp1971 said:
I saw a savage 2004 model sitting in a pawn shop and they were asking $3900.00 for it. It had less than 2000 miles on it. I want to say it had 1800 and some change on it. "J" says it fits her good,, would be a good bike for her to learn on. Hmmmm...... maybe when we get her outa debt.
You can get a new one for that money, the MSRP is $4399

·
7,992 Posts
I told her that the bike in the pawn shop was too high and that we need to wait. She saw a Ripley bike the other day and liked it. The part she liked about it was it is an automatic. Not so sure about the automatic feature and whether it will work well or not. It was a little steep for that bike though. It looked almost antique looking.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
trappercase said:
Here's my flawed logic. Say, she's $2000 in debt. It takes you 6 months to get her out of debt - down to zero. Get her a S40 then for a higher price , say, $4500. She is then back to $4500.

Get her the sweet deal now and in 6 months she'd be in for $3900.

Advice - Get her the bike!
Your logic may be questionable, but the conclusion is solid!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kept the bike for the wife to ride some this summer. Now has 2300 miles. My wife is in the military and we're going to be movng soon. Now accepting offers. Please take this bike from me so we don't have to ship it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts