Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a similar issue on my suzuki dr200 , the bike is supersmooth once it starts as the engine was rebuilt recently, However once it heats up light hissing noise from the cylinder head turns to light ticking noise which then converts to loud ticking unbearable noise which wakes up the neighbours .. bike only works for 2-4 kms till this noise stops me from riding it..

i have the checked the valve clearances
changed the cam chain
the cam shaft is perfect
piston to valve clearance is perfect

One observation is that my cam follower (rocker arms) makes this noise and jams up (seizes) to freely operate .. for this issue i have replaced the rocker arm and the rocker arm shaft but still this issues exists ..

the mechanic has taken out the whole cylinder assembly and planning to rebuild it but i know for sure that it wont fix the issue .. can any one suggest anything over here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope-not fuel injection-its a new noise that just started couple days ago. Bike used to be quiet and purr like kitten until couple days ago-also add the bike runs great, no hesitation or anything-just sounds funny
If i had to guess you dont ride it much. I had a katana do the same thing. I would say that your tensioners in the timing works off oil pressure. That being said the sitting has got it or them clogged up and isnt holding full tention on the chain. I rode the **** out if mine and it went away. Thats the only way i know to free up ticking lifters or anything to effect. It has to be done under load big hills definately help. One orher thing i seen do that was dumping fuel in the oil. Thankfully i notuced mine both times almost immediately. Youll hear the ticking but one other thing with dumping fuel itll over heat. You cant tell but can feel that its a little abnormally hot. I caught by checking oil level in the glass. It was too fuel even tipping the bike over for it to be way to low. It was still completely filled with oil.dumped it and you could smell the fuel in the oil

·
Registered
2 Posts
If i had to guess you dont ride it much. I had a katana do the same thing. I would say that your tensioners in the timing works off oil pressure. That being said the sitting has got it or them clogged up and isnt holding full tention on the chain. I rode the **** out if mine and it went away. Thats the only way i know to free up ticking lifters or anything to effect. It has to be done under load big hills definately help. One orher thing i seen do that was dumping fuel in the oil. Thankfully i notuced mine both times almost immediately. Youll hear the ticking but one other thing with dumping fuel itll over heat. You cant tell but can feel that its a little abnormally hot. I caught by checking oil level in the glass. It was too fuel even tipping the bike over for it to be way to low. It was still completely filled with oil.dumped it and you could smell the fuel in the oil
It dumped fuel sitting because i left the petcock on prime not knowing because the labels were painted over

21 - 24 of 24 Posts