Motorcycle Forum banner

2006 Suzuki C90 Air Filter Change

Tags
boulevard c90
9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gavin71 
#1 ·
Hi there. I'm a new member looking for a little help please. I have a 2006 C90 and need a little step by step help on removing the air filter. I know it's underneath the fake tank and realize I have to lift that off with the speedo assembly but am not sure if I need to remove the seat as well as all the bolts under the fuel tank filler lid. Has anyone done this before? Successfully changed the oil and filter yesterday. The bike has only done 3,000 miles but I've had it four years so thought I should at least clean the air filter as well. Also, would it make a difference if I installed a K&N replacement?

Many thanks for your time. Truly appreciated!!

All the best, Jeremy.

#2 ·
Also, would it make a difference if I installed a K&N replacement?
Yes. My advice is "Don't do it".
Despite their clamis to the contrary, it does not filter fine particles as good and may adversely affect the running of the engine.
Slippery slope; not worth the bother, IMHO.

And unless they are REALLY expensive, I'd be tempted to change out the 6 year old stock filter while you have it apart.......just because.

#3 ·
Many thanks. I figured it would probably mess with the ecm also so I'll stick with a stock air filter. Even though the bike is a 2006 I purchased it in mid 2008 from a Suzuki dealer brand new, still in the crate. I'm sure it's prudent to remove it and give it a thorough clean or replace.

#4 ·
To answer the part about removing the seat. I found to easily remove the dash I needed to remove the drivers seat. Or at least remove the front screws allowing the seat to move. This is pretty easy to remove. You have to remove the electrical plug connection under the dash. To do this, tilt the dash up from the back in order to get your hand underneath to unclip the plug. If you don't remove the seat it's not easy to lift the dash from the back once you have removed the numerous screws holding it in place. Hope that helps.

#6 ·
Yes, I had to remove the 3 screws around the filler cap and also remove the cap itself to be able to lift the dash off. If memory servers me correctly, to remove the dash you have to remove 13 bolts from the dash (4 in front, 4 above filler cap, 3 around the filer cap, 2 below the filer cap and then also 2 bolts holding the drivers seat in place.

#7 ·
My problem is that I can't get the air cleaner assembly back onto the throttle body. The body is tilted forward a bit and the holes in the cleaner assembly don't want to line up. I think this is how I know I should have grandkids by now, so I can get their little hands in there to push on the throttle body while I drop the piece on there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.