Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2006 VStar 1100 with straight racing pipes, and a hypercharger. I had it rejetted a few months ago (was running lean) and it has been running fine. A couple of weeks ago it died as I was pulling out of my driveway, restarted then died again further down the road, it bump started, it died again when I was on the freeway and would not restart. I pushed it back an exit and parked it all day, was able to drive it home that night (about 4 miles) it died twice and I had to keep it on full choke. That night I cleaned and re-oiled the air filter (no change).

Today I started it up, it ran and drove fine for a bit then sputtered and died. I restarted it and it sounded like only one half of the engine was running and then died again. I pulled the tank off checked the fuel pump(operating fine) fuel filter (did not seem dirty could easily blow air through it), checked flow from tank (looked good). Voltage on battery looks good, I see about a 1-2 volt increase when it's running, I pulled the plugs, rear plug indicated it was running rich, the front plug looked ok, I changed out the plugs. Restarted the bike and it would run on full or half choke but not with choke turned off. I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any advice. Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
check the vacumn caps might have lost one.there is drain screws on the bottom of the carb bowls drain the bowls. if no vacumn leaks pull the carbs clean the jets. the pilot jets have small holes in the sides use the wire from a bread tie wrapper and clean them.your rear plug is rich check what the pms screws are set at.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Or you could run some carb cleaner through...You may have water in the fuel...esp the carb bowls...its heavier than fuel and collects around the base of the main jet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts