Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a complaint that I have just sent to Honda. This has to do with my 2006 vtx1300s and a call that I made on 6/2/17 to discuss a problem of a front end wobble that I have had with this motorcycle since 2010 to the present. The man I talked with was very unprofessional and to be quite honest a smartass excuse my language. I have research this problem thru the internet and dealerships of what could be causing it and I get a long list of potential reasons that could be the cause and it has all led back to the steering bearings. As I said earlier I have research the problem of this wobble and its all over the internet and it seems as though that its been going on since about 2003. The answer is pretty much the same everyone who has had these bikes has traced it all back to the steering bearings and that it is a product defect that Honda refuses to acknowledge. Then put this problem on top of the rude people that I have spoken with at this company is very discouraging and is certainly no way to treat your customers and run a business!!! So With this all being said what's your problem? And why do you refuse to acknowledge it and do something to fix this extremely dangerous problem or are you waiting for someone to get hurt or even worst killed????

·
Super Moderator
12,342 Posts
Things similar to this seems to come up from time to time.
The general flow of the story is always about the same:
Something goes bad on a vehicle AFTER the warranty has expired and yet the owner somehow feels that the company should fix it for him free.
IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. SORRY.

Have you had your bike fixed yet. ? If not, why not ? Are you waiting until YOU are seriously hurt or killed ??

If you want to add some corrections or details to this story feel free.
But further ranting just to make you feel better or to further a grudge will be deleted.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,183 Posts
Assume that it is due to your BIKE, not a manufacturer issue. A manufacturer offers a warranty and a guarantee to cover manufacturing issues, but after 11 years, it's certainly not due to Honda's design.

Front end wobble on a 11 year old bike? I would suspect it is either bad forks or a badly mounted front tire. Check that the fork seals are good and that you have fresh oil in the forks. Check that the front tire is mounted and balanced by a professional. Make sure that the forks and bars are in perfect alignment. Is the front tire wearing more on one side than the other? If it isn't absolutely centered, you have an alignment problem and will need a new tire.

Don't blame the manufacturer until you have eliminated all possible maintenance errors. Chances are very good that it was your mistake, not the manufacturer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts